An All Around Loon

"There is more to us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less." - Kurt Hahn, Founder of Outward Bound

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fight For What You Love?

All of my life, I have been told you should fight for what you love. And I do. But now I'm asking, for how long? What happens when you try and you fight for whatever it is you love and want and need, but you get no where? Are you supposed to lick your battle wounds and keep fighting, or swallow your pride and give up? My first thought was if you keep going, you keep fighting no matter how bad it hurts, you still face the possibility of losing, and than what are you left with? But then again what if you stop fighting? You might have the chance to save yourself a little misery and try to move on, but what if you can't let go of what it is you were fighting for and you're forever left with the thought of what if? I don't know for sure, but I guess the only thing any of us can really do, is ask ourselves what it is that's truly worth fighting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment