An All Around Loon

"There is more to us than we know. If we can be made to see it, perhaps for the rest of our lives we will be unwilling to settle for less." - Kurt Hahn, Founder of Outward Bound

Monday, February 8, 2010

Life is like a Roller Coaster

Life is like a roller coaster. It's one of the best metaphors ever created, because it is so true. Currently in my life I am at one of the highest points on my roller coaster, I have the best friends anyone could ask for, I am doing well in school, and even my love life is headed in the right direction. I know I should be smiling about this and enjoying the ride, which I am, but part of me is absolutely terrified. The one thing about a really big up on a roller coaster is there's always a really long down right after it. I know that is not very optimistic of me, but i've been experiencing this up for some quite some time now, and I'm afraid the drop is going to come soon- for no reason at all. It is like my life is too good to be true right now, so I'm afraid something will happen to change my happiness, just because it always does. I wish I could end this blog with a positive note like I usually do, but right now the only thing I can think of is to just close my eyes, take a deep breath, and prepare for what's to come, whatever that is. I just hope I don't throw up after, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment